Thursday, October 28, 2010

MySQL WorkBench 5.2.29 CE - Windows MSI Installer Error

When installing MySQL WorkBench 5.2.29 CE using the Windows MSI installer (mysql-workbench-gpl-5.2.29-win32.msi), I got an error "Error: 25580 - cannot connect to windows firewall".  

I followed the instructions from MySQL Forums, and it fixed the installation error. The solution is to start the "Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing" from windows services (Run>services.msc). If the service is disabled, right click and make the start type manual/automatic and then start it.

Disclaimer: I often run into issues either configuring/installing applications on Windows/Ubuntu Linux/Mac OS X. I will hence forth put all the solutions on this blog, so I can use these whenever I need them. I must humbly acknowledge that the credit to most or even all of them would go to all the developers who post their solutions on the net. I will obviously put a link to the original resource.

No comments: