Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stress

I wonder, what is Stress?

A situation that does not change. A state of mind that is stuck. My best analogy; its like a chewing gum stuck in hair. I am comparing this silly thing with stress because the knee jerk reaction is the same. Get this thing off my head as soon, and as any means may!

Stress is a state and change is not instantaneous. It’s not necessarily just a state of mind, but a real situation: job, money, people. So the change is gradual, facilitated by my own actions and thoughts.

Thoughts:
Is freedom of thought consrtained by an easy way out. Most desirable is a quick fix than the commitment to slow cook a change.
How does the survival instinct kick in if the optimism clings on to hope? When does one take the matter in their own hands and declare a full scale war? Is all this faith and hope just another form of fear? Fear that a complete war may result in a complete loss?
Why is there a belief that justice will prevail that prayers will go answered? Why do we all believe so badly in miracles?

People:
This stale mate in my personal life could have been avoided, by being more cynical about the human beings.
Why is there is much faith in people doing their own work? Will people do what is right? What motivates anybody to be ethical?
Do I have the luxury to beleive in people? Do I trust people and let them control aspects of my life?

Now What?
Its easy to say NO. And yet I am here stuck with people and situation that is driving me nuts!

Stress might disappear but what will remain is the actions I take.

No comments: